Masquerade Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal | Exploration | Literature | Music | Art | Role Play |

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:20 pm
Top posters
Morticia Masquerade
A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_vote_lcapA short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_voting_barA short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_vote_rcap 
Angel Valour
A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_vote_lcapA short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_voting_barA short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_vote_rcap 
BiancaBeauty
Holy_Fonz
tubby22
Alexis
Claudia_Explorer
BeautifulTragedy
Mason Misery
Trinity13
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. Empty
PostSubject: A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can.   A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:11 am

All of my work is protected under copyright law.You DO NOT have permission to use it.

It was a frigid February night, just like any other night within this month. It was a little colder than most previous nights as the wind speed was roughly eight miles and hour. The snow was treacherous to conversing through as such terrain. Especially on nights like this – when the temperature has dropped from 36 to 15 degrees Fahrenheit. I looked over my shoulder quick to view how far I had conversed away from my truck that was parked out on the side of the nearest dirt road. I turned my head again, only this time to face forward. I was getting closer to the derelict abandoned farmhouse that was about 250 feet in front of me. The farmhouse was built in the mid 1800s. I could see some of it through the row of trees someone had planted at the edge of the property. Some were pine, some spruce, and finally some evergreens. There was also a garage next to the farmhouse. I was gaining proximity to it now. I was only about 75 feet from it but I decided I would keep traversing through the field ahead and enter the property from behind the garage. I was at the edge of the property now. I had to walk between two dead maple trees. Some of their branches had fallen off and lay scattered upon the snow. I stood there for a minute deciding what I wanted to explore first. I took a look around the back of the property from where I was positioned. To my left about sixty five feet from me was what appeared to be at one time a chicken coop or shed, but as the years progressed and the weather had taken its toll the helpless structure was starting to lean to the left. It was also missing a back wall and the wall facing myself. Fucking Vandals, I thought to myself. The Vandals always ruin a good building to explore. I was still looking around at this point, feeling the cold, eerie air against my face. I was hoping the vandals didn't do to much damage to the farmhouse itself.

I decided it was time to start exploring instead of standing in one spot like a moron.I walked over to the back of the garage.I tried opening the back door but it was locked from within.I noticed a window next it that had been broken out.If I hoisted myself up I could enter through the window.I thought to myself.I walked over to the window and hoisted myself up through what remained of the window,I was now inside of the garage.It was very dark,I could see windows ahead of me on what appeared to be a garage door.I went to walk in their direction and I was stopped dead in my tracks as I had bumped into a large object.
I had my cellphone-although without service-and a Bic lighter.My cell should illuminate enough to see what I ran into-I thought to myself-.I decided to take the cellphone out of my jeans pocket and open it up.The light only illuminated enough-but I could kind of see what I had bumped into-It appeared to be a very vandalized Pickup truck-I guessed the year of production of the vehicle was around '91 or a little earlier.From What I could see using my cellphone has the only light source was that the tailgate was non existent nor were the taillights,The taillights had been busted out long ago.

I decided to not to spend so much time in the garage as I originally ventured to this location for the farmhouse,So using the cell has a light source I walked over to the garage door and to my surprise it was unlocked.I opened the door up and walked out of the garage and there it was.The farmhouse-It looked even more magnificent and beautiful now that I was only 30 feet from it.I spotted a front door-a screen door-banging against the house as the wind gained speed.I cautiously walked up the driveway to the front door-as the driveway was coated in thick ice-I was finally facing the front door.There were a couple old rotten steps constructed out of one and a half inch 2x4's.I proceed to step onto them to enter the porch with caution as the steps were iced over also and one wrong step and i would be sent backwards onto the iced over driveway.It was in a pretty remote location so if that were to happen nobody would find me for days..maybe even months-I thought to myself-.

I had successfully conquered the old steps and was now standing on the porch,It didn't like the vandals did much damage as of yet except bust out a few windows and such.As I was looking over the porch,the light from my cellphone illuminated a window frame with what was left of a window in it.I walked over to it,Sure enough i discovered it lead into a living room or a den of sorts.As I pushed the old tattered curtains to the side i put one leg through the broken window followed by the other leg,I was now inside the house.It smelled of sulfur and must.

The battery on my cellphone was dying quick.Only if I had brought a flashlight I though to myself.But then I remembered I always kept one in the jacket I was wearing-in the inside pocket-I reached in through the pocket and to my surprise It was there.I took it out my jacket pocket and switched it on,Sweet I can see much better I had thought to myself.Now that I could see,I decided to shine the beam of light the flashlight was emitting around the room.what I saw was a older 90's Television set,a couple old recliners,a couch behind me,a old wooden desk made out of cherry with a type writer sitting in the middle of it.I walked over to it shinning the beam of ember light emitting from the cold flashlight onto the old 80's era typewriter.It was coated in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs.I decided not to ponder over the idea of such a fine piece of literary equipment and walk deeper into the darkness that filled the house.

I rounded a corner into what I assumed was the kitchen.For when I had walked into said room,the beam of light emitting from my freezing flashlight caught a glimpse of what had appeared a old late 80's general electric brand refrigerator.Beside it was one of those old Kenmore stoves from also the late 1980's.The glass that was once on the door of it had long since been broken out and lay scattered upon the floor in front of it.More working of those god damn vandals I thought to myself.They ruin everything.there was a small area/room off from the kitchen.I decided to check it out,By this time the flashlight that was in my hand was starting to get brighter due to the heat emitting from my hand.Before I stepped foot into the small room I shinned the beam of light from the flashlight through the open doorway and moved it around within the room,I could see off to the right under a old rotted cabinet sat an 80's era General Electric dryer.Across from the dyer to the left was another old appliance well vandalized by the druggies and such that had run amok in here many years ago.It was a "Top-Loader"washing machine(also produced by GE,but a few years newer)I decided I wanted to see more of what the room before me behold.I walked through the doorway into the little room.I turned in the direction of the washing machine and shinned my flash light before me.What I saw was a small pantry/storage area.It was rather interesting as there were still cans of fruits and vegetables(including some cream of this and chowder that had said vegetables within it)I started to wonder what happened to the last residents who once called this now derelict piece of land a home,they obviously left in quite the hurry as even one of their old vehicles was still out in the garage.I decided not to stay in the pantry area very long and search through the dwelling for any clues as to what happened to the former occupants/when they actually left/how big of a family were they..you know,that sort of thing
Back to top Go down
Alexis

Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can.   A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:00 pm

I think this is a great story!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can.   A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Thank you,I have alot of literary works of mine on my Deviantart if you wish to read
Back to top Go down
HellExploration

HellExploration

PostSubject: Re: A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can.   A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:41 pm

WraithOfPestilence wrote:
All of my work is protected under copyright law.You DO NOT have permission to use it.

It was a frigid February night, just like any other night within this month. It was a little colder than most previous nights as the wind speed was roughly eight miles and hour. The snow was treacherous to conversing through as such terrain. Especially on nights like this – when the temperature has dropped from 36 to 15 degrees Fahrenheit. I looked over my shoulder quick to view how far I had conversed away from my truck that was parked out on the side of the nearest dirt road. I turned my head again, only this time to face forward. I was getting closer to the derelict abandoned farmhouse that was about 250 feet in front of me. The farmhouse was built in the mid 1800s. I could see some of it through the row of trees someone had planted at the edge of the property. Some were pine, some spruce, and finally some evergreens. There was also a garage next to the farmhouse. I was gaining proximity to it now. I was only about 75 feet from it but I decided I would keep traversing through the field ahead and enter the property from behind the garage. I was at the edge of the property now. I had to walk between two dead maple trees. Some of their branches had fallen off and lay scattered upon the snow. I stood there for a minute deciding what I wanted to explore first. I took a look around the back of the property from where I was positioned. To my left about sixty five feet from me was what appeared to be at one time a chicken coop or shed, but as the years progressed and the weather had taken its toll the helpless structure was starting to lean to the left. It was also missing a back wall and the wall facing myself. Fucking Vandals, I thought to myself. The Vandals always ruin a good building to explore. I was still looking around at this point, feeling the cold, eerie air against my face. I was hoping the vandals didn't do to much damage to the farmhouse itself.

I decided it was time to start exploring instead of standing in one spot like a moron.I walked over to the back of the garage.I tried opening the back door but it was locked from within.I noticed a window next it that had been broken out.If I hoisted myself up I could enter through the window.I thought to myself.I walked over to the window and hoisted myself up through what remained of the window,I was now inside of the garage.It was very dark,I could see windows ahead of me on what appeared to be a garage door.I went to walk in their direction and I was stopped dead in my tracks as I had bumped into a large object.
I had my cellphone-although without service-and a Bic lighter.My cell should illuminate enough to see what I ran into-I thought to myself-.I decided to take the cellphone out of my jeans pocket and open it up.The light only illuminated enough-but I could kind of see what I had bumped into-It appeared to be a very vandalized Pickup truck-I guessed the year of production of the vehicle was around '91 or a little earlier.From What I could see using my cellphone has the only light source was that the tailgate was non existent nor were the taillights,The taillights had been busted out long ago.

I decided to not to spend so much time in the garage as I originally ventured to this location for the farmhouse,So using the cell has a light source I walked over to the garage door and to my surprise it was unlocked.I opened the door up and walked out of the garage and there it was.The farmhouse-It looked even more magnificent and beautiful now that I was only 30 feet from it.I spotted a front door-a screen door-banging against the house as the wind gained speed.I cautiously walked up the driveway to the front door-as the driveway was coated in thick ice-I was finally facing the front door.There were a couple old rotten steps constructed out of one and a half inch 2x4's.I proceed to step onto them to enter the porch with caution as the steps were iced over also and one wrong step and i would be sent backwards onto the iced over driveway.It was in a pretty remote location so if that were to happen nobody would find me for days..maybe even months-I thought to myself-.

I had successfully conquered the old steps and was now standing on the porch,It didn't like the vandals did much damage as of yet except bust out a few windows and such.As I was looking over the porch,the light from my cellphone illuminated a window frame with what was left of a window in it.I walked over to it,Sure enough i discovered it lead into a living room or a den of sorts.As I pushed the old tattered curtains to the side i put one leg through the broken window followed by the other leg,I was now inside the house.It smelled of sulfur and must.

The battery on my cellphone was dying quick.Only if I had brought a flashlight I though to myself.But then I remembered I always kept one in the jacket I was wearing-in the inside pocket-I reached in through the pocket and to my surprise It was there.I took it out my jacket pocket and switched it on,Sweet I can see much better I had thought to myself.Now that I could see,I decided to shine the beam of light the flashlight was emitting around the room.what I saw was a older 90's Television set,a couple old recliners,a couch behind me,a old wooden desk made out of cherry with a type writer sitting in the middle of it.I walked over to it shinning the beam of ember light emitting from the cold flashlight onto the old 80's era typewriter.It was coated in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs.I decided not to ponder over the idea of such a fine piece of literary equipment and walk deeper into the darkness that filled the house.

I rounded a corner into what I assumed was the kitchen.For when I had walked into said room,the beam of light emitting from my freezing flashlight caught a glimpse of what had appeared a old late 80's general electric brand refrigerator.Beside it was one of those old Kenmore stoves from also the late 1980's.The glass that was once on the door of it had long since been broken out and lay scattered upon the floor in front of it.More working of those god damn vandals I thought to myself.They ruin everything.there was a small area/room off from the kitchen.I decided to check it out,By this time the flashlight that was in my hand was starting to get brighter due to the heat emitting from my hand.Before I stepped foot into the small room I shinned the beam of light from the flashlight through the open doorway and moved it around within the room,I could see off to the right under a old rotted cabinet sat an 80's era General Electric dryer.Across from the dyer to the left was another old appliance well vandalized by the druggies and such that had run amok in here many years ago.It was a "Top-Loader"washing machine(also produced by GE,but a few years newer)I decided I wanted to see more of what the room before me behold.I walked through the doorway into the little room.I turned in the direction of the washing machine and shinned my flash light before me.What I saw was a small pantry/storage area.It was rather interesting as there were still cans of fruits and vegetables(including some cream of this and chowder that had said vegetables within it)I started to wonder what happened to the last residents who once called this now derelict piece of land a home,they obviously left in quite the hurry as even one of their old vehicles was still out in the garage.I decided not to stay in the pantry area very long and search through the dwelling for any clues as to what happened to the former occupants/when they actually left/how big of a family were they..you know,that sort of thing

Very well written. I enjoy it. I should get a deviantart account.

@Ashley - You are a Tool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can.   A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Thank you,my friend.I have more on my DeviantArt account.and ja she is very much a tool
Back to top Go down
Angel Valour

Angel Valour

PostSubject: Re: A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can.   A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:53 pm

i love it. very well written i shall have to find you on my DA account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can.   A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A short story series I have been working on little by little when I can.
Page 1 of 1